- On March 8, 2017
- female entrepreneurs, how to start a startup, start it@kbc, startup accelerator programmes, startup community, startup funding, startup programmes, Telenet Kickstart
Women wanted! Start it@kbc is looking for female entrepreneurs
The Belgian startup community is not a men-only affair, no sir – or ma’am! Some of our country’s best startups were founded by inspiring women determined to make their mark as entrepreneurs, raising capital and eventually turning their innovative ideas into blooming businesses. Still, women are underrepresented in the startup scene. That’s why Female Entrepreneurship is on top of the Start it@kbc agenda this year – and what better day to launch this exciting campaign than today, when we celebrate International Women’s Day? Are you an ambitious woman with an innovative business idea? Or do you know a talented female entrepreneur looking for her big break? Read on to discover what Start it@kbc has in store.
Mark your calendars, ladies!
In collaboration with Straffe Madammen, Start it@kbc has lined up a series of interesting business webinars for female entrepreneurs. Places are limited, so don’t hesitate to register today!
March 23 | 12.00 p.m. – 1.00 p.m.
March 29 | 10.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.
April 6 | 12.00 p.m. – 1.00 p.m.
April 11 | 12.00 p.m. – 1.00 p.m.
These female entrepreneurs are leading the way
Not sure if you’ve got what it takes to make it big in the business world? There’s no reason to doubt yourself! Meet some of the inspiring women who signed up for Start it@kbc or Telenet Kickstart and turned their startups into flourishing businesses:
- Founder of Elegnano Katrien Herdewyn designs and manufactures shoes using nanotechnology. Katrien was named UNIZO Starter of the Year 2015.
- Sisters Marion and Hendrikje Meyvis founded Carpet of Life, an innovative business that turns discarded clothes into unique carpets.
- Ann Dries, founder of Best Local, connects Asian and European business ventures to create win-win experiences.
- Founder of ScriptBook Nadira Azermai created an ingenious algorithm that predicts box office hits. She’s all set to take the American movie industry by storm!
In addition, our female Telenet Kickstart mentors also deserve mentioning. Business women in their own right, they have assisted many female entrepreneurs on their way to success and are more than happy to answer any question you may have.
Now’s the time to take the plunge!
The start it@kbc community is currently helping more than 480 entrepreneurs to turn their startups into scalable businesses. And you can become one of them! Submit your business idea for the next Start it@kbc pitch wave before April 18. We wish you the best of luck!