- On March 31, 2017
- accelerator programme, business incubator, imec.istart, startup accelerator, startup incubator, tech startup, tech startup programme, tech startups, Telenet Kickstart, Thomas Deschepper
Imec.istart: 4 tips from jury member Thomas Deschepper
It’s official! Imec.istart has announced the first batch of high-tech startups to join the imec.istart entrepreneurship programme. Telenet Kickstart jury member and mentor Thomas Deschepper helped select the six startups that made it through. Want to increase your startup’s chances to the max? Read on and discover Thomas’ tips!
How to woo the imec.istart jury
In 2016, no less than 130 startups signed up for the imec.istart accelerator programme. A mere 19 of them made it all the way through to the end. Imec.istart programme manager Sven De Cleyn already shared with us his tips to stand out from the crowd, but there’s no such thing as too much information when there’s
- 50,000 EUR,
- 18 months of expert coaching,
- and exclusive access to partner networks
at stake, is there? That’s what we thought! Imec.istart jury member Thomas Deschepper has some golden tips to add to your list:
1. Be prepared. Be very prepared
‘Over-prepared’ is not in the jury’s dictionary. On pitch day, your startup should be able to answer the following questions in as much detail as possible:
- How would you describe the technical feasibility of your product? Do you expect challenges along the way? How will you overcome them?
- How are you planning to sell your product?
- What’s the competition like? Do you have a unique selling point?
- Is your unique selling point easy to copy?
2. Pitch it thoroughly
The imec.istart jury expects more than your average elevator pitch. Be sure to prepare a thorough presentation of around 45 minutes, and don’t hesitate to go into detail when you must.
3. Sell your dream team
You’re not just selling a product. You’re also selling a dream team. What does each individual bring to the startup? How do your team members complement each other?
4. Love works both ways
Show the jury you’re not just in it for the money. Explain to them why you believe imec.istart to be a perfect fit for your startup. How can imec.istart help your team in a way no other startup accelerator programme can?
Sign up for imec.istart!
Does your tech startup meet all requirements to participate in the imec.istart programme? Then don’t hesitate to ! Registration closes on June 1, 2017.